Thursday, July 30, 2009

Say What?????

Last week things that should have happened, didn't. You know what I mean. ;)

I decided taking a test was in my best interest because I had this feeling. I cannot explain it but it was just a feeling. So I went to the drug store and bought a test. Actually it was a 3 pack! Hey!! I am a sucker for a good deal!

I took the test. And it came back positive. It completely shocked me! I started shaking and called Cole. He came home for a quick minute and looked at the test himself. "It looks positive to me" was his response. As I stood there crying, he held me and asked why I was crying. I told him it was because this wasn't supposed to happen to us, not this easy, not this soon. And even though in my mind I knew it wasn't supposed to - I knew it just did. I wonder if my Gram was up there in Heaven with God just smiling ear to ear because she already knew....

So I took another test. I just couldn't believe it. Another positive.

The next day Cole and I decided I should take one more - just in case the others weren't right. And again, I got a positive! So I called my doctors office in Toledo and they said to come in and have the blood test done to confirm. We did. My nurses all gathered while she pulled the blood and were wishing us luck and Sandy, my main gal was just so excited! We talked about how ironic it was that just a month before she and I were talking about fertility doctors and now I am sitting there to confirm a possible pregnancy.

On Monday, July 27th Sandy called us (they rushed our results) and I heard the words I didn't think we would for a long time. "Congratulations. You are pregnant!"

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment