Thursday, October 1, 2009

14 weeks, another appointment!

Today we went to see our doctor again. He is having surgery so he wanted to see us again before he went out for a month. It was pretty much the same as the last appointment. Just chit chat and once again, we heard Bug's heartbeat! Bug was pretty active today - I love it!! With all the activity I'm wondering if the baby will be a runner like his/her daddy! That little heartbeat makes me fall deeper and deeper in love everytime! This time Bugs heartbeat was 150 beats per minute. A tad bit slower than last time but as our Doctor said "A strong, healthy heartbeat!" - we were pretty happy parents. And this time he was able to get an accurate count because this time I was not crying! I held it together. That first time is something I will never forget though.

Cole talked to him about us buying a doppler and he said "No, no...they are not accurate and you will be calling me every night because you can't hear the baby!" He said they are not really worth the money so we pretty much made up our mind not to get one. We really had thought about it and did some research on them but most are for the third trimester only so really what's the point in getting one now? He said just wait for our appointments to hear Bug. So we will.

Next appointment is THE appointment! Hopefully we will find out it if Bug is Stella or Augustus. That is...if Bug wants to cooperate. We'll see.....

1 comment:

  1. The next one you find out??!! Wahoo! I am SOOOO excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete