Wednesday, November 11, 2009

20 weeks! Half way there...

Tomorrow we will be at 20 weeks! We're half way there.

I am really getting anxious because I cannot sleep and Dr. D says "That's normal." I'm getting leg cramps all night and it really makes it hard to relax and again - normal. I really didn't expect this or some of the other things I've been experiencing lately - I mean I know about the getting bigger and things happening but lately things have been just a little bit different than the glowing happy pregnant girl I'd hoped to be. I'm tired, cranky and really want to go rent a hotel room to get away from my dogs who will not leave me alone! As you can tell - I didn't get much sleep last night.

Augustus is just this little acrobat/soccer player in my tummy! I LOVE IT!! He has been hanging out pretty low over the past few days which really makes the trips to the potty more frequent! Another sleep taker-awayer (I know that's probably not a real word but it works!). Last night I was hoping he was kicking hard enough for Cole to feel him but he couldn't. He is so excited about feeling Bug kick! I cannot wait for him to experience it. It's going to be so exciting when he does. For now, he just talks to Bug and kisses my belly.

We recently received a book I was really excited about getting. It's called Max Lucado's Children's Treasury. It has four of Max's childrens books in one. It's a great book because they all are Christian based and will help us teach Bug about God. We want to read to Bug now that we know he can hear us and I really hope it will lead him to be an avid reader when he is bigger. One of my favorite Max childrens books is called  "Just in Case You Ever Wonder" and it is the first story in this book. One of my favorite pages says:

But as you grow and change, some things will stay the same.
I'll always love you.
I'll always hug you.
I'll always be on your side.
And I want you to know that...just in case you ever wonder.

But the last page is the one that just gets me everytime:

In Heaven you are so close to God that He will
hug you, just like I hug you. It's going to be
wonderful. I will be there too, I promise.
We will be there together, forever.
Remember that...
just in case you ever wonder.

It is such a beautiful book. I am very excited to share the words on these pages with my little guy. He will be so loved. I know that because he is already is. All of the dreams I ever had are all here in front of me and are coming true. I have a wonderful man who loves me and we have a beautiful baby boy coming to us soon. I don't know that life gets much better than that.

We were talking about Christmas the other day and I asked if we were going to set up my fake 4 foot tree this year or if we were going to get a real one. Cole said we should get a real one because the first time  you try something it doesn't always work so it'll be good for us to work it out before Bug is here. So this year, it's a real tree for us. We'll see how that goes with 3 dogs in the house!

Other than the sleepy part - things are going well. We are continuing the renovations on our house and getting things ready for Bug. We finished our registries and got all of our nursery furniture picked out. It's funny how my taste changed from the beginning to now. I am so excited to see his nursery all put together and I cannot wait to wash his linens and make everything really comfy for him. His bassinet will have to taken out of storage (we bought an antique bassinet from my seamstress) and we can wash the bedding she made it. It will be so great to have next to the bed - but that wont happen for a while yet.

It's really kind of crazy because lately I've been realizing - this is the last Christmas we will spend alone for  along time, these are the last holiday parties we will go to without needing a babysitter, etc. but I really am not down by any of that...I am really looking forward to it all. Having Bug has really made Cole and I think deeper, love deeper, and try harder to make the little moments matter and see every blessing we have been given. We went from not knowing if having Bug was ever going to happen to looking at his little face in a sonogram and seeing and feeling more love and emotion that we ever thought was possible.

This is going to be one wild, fun, scary, emotional, happy, beautiful ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment