Friday, August 7, 2009

Advice, Books and all that good stuff!

We are going into this with our minds completely open and ready to learn! I found some really great books while at the library and so far one of my favorites is: The Pregnancy Countdown Book: Nine Months of Practical Tips, Useful Advice, and Uncensored Truths by Susan Magee and Dr. Kara Nakisbendi. What a great book! It is so straight forward and even funny!!! I also found a book for Cole. He loves it! I hear him laughing as he reads it and then he has to tell me what he just read that was so funny! It is called: The Guy's Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth and the First Year of Fatherhood by Michael R. Crider. They have been great books for us to read! We are both thoroughly enjoying them. I'm thinking future gifts for friends and family who get pregnant! We love them!

And today Cole's Aunt Tami said something that made me feel 100% better - she said she started gaining weight right away. Which makes me feel great because I feel like a Fatty McFat Fat. I have gained some weight and figured I was just not eating right but really - I haven't been eating anything bad. However, I have been eating more because I know it is so important to do so. So far...I've learned that cabbage doesn't work out so well with my tummy and neither does Taco Bell. Which isn't very strange because Taco Bell really isn't good for anyone. Other than that - I'm good. Brushing my teeth hasn't been fun the past few days and I feel like vomiting constantly. Cole said to me today "I've noticed lately that you are on an emotional rollercoaster and you sleep alot." Sleep....I just cannot get enough! Our beagle, Ellie loves it! She loves to sleep and now she gets to sleep cuddled up with mommy all the time.

I also bought the Palmer's belly cream today (thanks for that idea Ashley!) but I do not like the way it smells. So I may be retuning it. I found out Burt's Bee's (one of my favorite brands) makes a Mama Bee Tummy Cream so I may be exchanging the Palmer's for that.

Oh! And I've been burping more than I have in my whole life!!!! God bless Tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment